Monday 24 January 2011

My Idea for the Creative Project

My creative project is a story about a girl who is sick and tired of being told what to do. It is a mini film instead of an intro to a film. It stars off with her waking by her mum and being told what to do, then showing her in her normal day routines. It then shows them in a really quickly and how she does the same thing every day. Then she has an epiphany and than realises there is more to life than following a routine. I know the idea sounds cheesy and like every chick flick there is, but I think the idea I have to make it different shall make it seem less cheesy and more drama. I want to film it and if I have the time I will, but I shall definitely make a screen play. I think there are quite a lot of films that have influenced; the one thing I am thinking for shot of the main character is from the film “Elephant”. The film is mainly just having a tracking shot of a close up of the characters were you can see all the emotions of the charters. This was the idea I had when showing the everyday routines she goes through. Another film which has also given me some inspiration is “Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging.” I saw this film when I was 13 but it was on the television the other day. There is this scene in the film where the main character Georgia, and she wants to change parts of her life after she gets let down by some. Ever since then the idea has been stuck in my head to a short film about someone changing their life.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea and you explain clearly where the idea comes from. It's not a problem if it seems cheesy if it fits genre conventions. I think it won't be cheesy though. The idea is strong and lends itself well to a short film. Remember what needs to be organised before you start filming.

    ReplyDelete